Betta Fish Forum banner

went from black to Gray

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  naturegirl243 
#1 ·
uhm i just got home from my Grandmas place and i was showing off my betta only his color has changed. Ive had for about a month now and hes going from a oily looking black to a washed out gray. uhmm what should i do?

#2 ·
usually bettas get pale from stress.Did you do anything that might have stressed him out?

#4 ·
hmmm I would wait a while longer(like a few hours) and see if his color changes back.Carlisle(one of my bettas) gets pale when I catch him to change his water after a little while he is back to normal.The only reason I say wait is cause you said he is not as pale anymore.bettas also loose color when they are sick sometimes.

#6 ·
No problem but if he is still pale after a day something else is probably wrong.Pictures always help everyone one here.

#8 ·
My darker bettas (Rikku, Nina, and Jayde) get a bit pale when they go into their "sleep trance" at night. Also if I move their tanks they'll get their stripes. Colors change right back once they get settled!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.