Betta Fish Forum banner

Which would you prefer?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Sarada 
#1 ·
I'm using BF.com as a test dummy :) I think I've figured out a way to be able to breed while I'm at school so I can do more spawns than just in the summer. I want to see what spawns would be the most popular (and thus easier to sell).

Anyways I'm thinking of getting a new pair for my birthday to spawn this fall/winter. I think spawning in the colder months is going to be much better because by the time the kids are ready to go it will be warm enough to not need the extra cost of heat packs.

Ok.. so here are my options. The links are just examples based on color/tail type.

Black Dragon HMPK

"Fancy" Marble HM

"Fancy" Marble Dragon HMPK

Melano HM (black)

HM Doubletails (probably blue butterfly's because I would like to use Eros).

If it were you which one of those would you be most interested in getting a baby from? Right now I think I might want to stick with marbles and work towards getting a line going, but I also want to try other things so I can't decide.

I may just decide to spawn a pair from Sid's fry this fall but it doesn't mean I can't get a pair for my birthday to spawn later :)

I figure I can probably do one spawn this fall/winter and another in the summer, provided I can sell most of the babies before the next spawn rolls around. I won't be doing two at a time though too much work and space.

See less See more
#6 ·
All of these are fish I'd like to have lines of eventually and I probably will. I just can't decide which I want first. Halfmoons are my passion but I think I might want to try something new also (which would be the HMPK). If I did a marble HMPK line I could cross that into my Marble HM line to strengthen rays (if need be). I also REALLY want to try melanos.

The easiest way to go would be HMDBT because I already have an award winning male HMDBT so I would just need a decent female. Everyone else I'd have to look into getting pairs from overseas. I also really like the idea of spawning my own F2 but I don't think my babies will be big enough by the fall.

#9 ·
I like the black dragon HMPK and the HMDBT. Can we see a picture of Eros, who you mentioned earlier?

#11 ·
This is Eros :) He doesn't look like this now because he's got a nasty case of fin rot, I won't spawn him until he is in 100% health however.

Also.. he doesn't have popeye in these pictures.. its the angle and he's a little bug eyed anyways :)

Flash

No flash

He's a blue butterfly and I would cross him with another blue female or a marble female who carries blue. I would get butterflies and marbles and solids, HM and DBT for tail types.

I do like the Black Dragon, I could also do an HM version of that but I like the HMPK better.

#14 ·
He's really beautiful!

#16 ·
Oddly enough at the show auction I bought him from I was the only one that bid on him. His starting bid was $10 which is what I paid for him. I think he's really pretty and he was a 1st place winner in his class... I don't understand why no one else would want him but their loss is my gain :-D

Once I get his fin rot under control and find him a girlie I really want to breed him.

#18 ·
Oddly enough at the show auction I bought him from I was the only one that bid on him. His starting bid was $10 which is what I paid for him. I think he's really pretty and he was a 1st place winner in his class... I don't understand why no one else would want him but their loss is my gain :-D

Once I get his fin rot under control and find him a girlie I really want to breed him.
If you are going to breed him I say a marble female is the way to go with him. But that's just my opinion:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.