Laki

Wait.. How do you keep 40 horses! o-O
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #12 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Wait.. How do you keep 40 horses! o-O
We have almost 40 acres of pasture that most everyone is on. I have 5 in the barn and 7 on dry lots. Then there are 3 at a trainers and 5 oldies boarded with a friend because they need special care. Hmm... come to think of it, there might be more than 40.

ETA: Nope did the math. There should be 40, unless I'm forgetting someone.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #13 
Agent13
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
We have almost 40 acres of pasture that most everyone is on. I have 5 in the barn and 7 on dry lots. Then there are 3 at a trainers and 5 oldies boarded with a friend because they need special care. Hmm... come to think of it, there might be more than 40.

ETA: Nope did the math. There should be 40, unless I'm forgetting someone.
My daughter is already trying to figure out where we should build a barn. She wants her own horses sooooo bad. She also wants really badly to be able to ride one of the horses to school when she is old enough. Poor child doesn't realize we live in the city. lol

(not to meantion that leaves me with a sh!t ton of responsibility when the kids go to college!)
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #14 
JellOh

She's stunning! I've never seen facial markings like hers on a pit bull before. I love seeing pictures of "big, mean, monsters" with little kids, just to disprove all the people who call them "killing machines".
JellOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #15 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent13 View Post
My daughter is already trying to figure out where we should build a barn. She wants her own horses sooooo bad. She also wants really badly to be able to ride one of the horses to school when she is old enough. Poor child doesn't realize we live in the city. lol

(not to meantion that leaves me with a sh!t ton of responsibility when the kids go to college!)
I grew up on a horse farm, so I don't really know life without horses. One of the girls at the barn I used to board the horse in my avatar at (we don't have an indoor arena) traded off chores at the farm for board and a lease on a horse. You could always consider something like that if you could find a farm willing to do that for you. That way, the lease would only apply for as long as your daughter was interested in the horses. So, once she went to college or became interested in something else you don't get stuck with the horse.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 AM   #16 
Agent13
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
I grew up on a horse farm, so I don't really know life without horses. One of the girls at the barn I used to board the horse in my avatar at (we don't have an indoor arena) traded off chores at the farm for board and a lease on a horse. You could always consider something like that if you could find a farm willing to do that for you. That way, the lease would only apply for as long as your daughter was interested in the horses. So, once she went to college or became interested in something else you don't get stuck with the horse.
Actually thought about that and given her age likely possible (4yrs od). The place we go does offer such things but given our crazy summer schedule this will take till fall to decide :)

And thanks JellOh! She's a great dog and certainly defies their name as the scary man eating beast lmao!
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote