Betta Fish Forum banner

Glofish?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  bettafish15 
#1 ·
Currently i have a 10 gallon tank with 1 female betta, 1 female molly, and 1 pleco. They all get allong perfectly fine and are healthy.
I was considering adding 3 or more glo fish but I'm not sure if it would be a wise decision.
My female betta likes to hunt food as it falls off the top and the molly and pleco are both her size. Do you think she would go after the glofish or would they be fine?

(picture of tank and fish in my album)

#3 ·
Glofish are indeed danios, and no they cannot go in a 10g, even if there were no other fish in the tank. :/ They are very active fish, so need about 20 gallons.

Also, what kind of pleco do you have? All types of plecos grow too big for a 10g, even the small bristlenose plecos.

#5 ·
Yeah they are genetically altered zebra danio's. I'm trying to figure out what gender and type of pleco I have. I think its just a common, but idk. it has two horns like nostrils and then spikes in 3 rows on either side. Plus when it grows o so much I will get a bigger tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.