Betta Fish Forum banner

Eats food then spits it out?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Babydoll 
#1 ·
My betta keeps eating his food (flakes) and eats a big piece then spits it out into little pieces almost like he's throwing it up after eating it, otherwise he seems to be healthy the water temp is at 77.7degrees and he is active.

#4 ·
Means he may not like it, and it happens with them all, Betta's are picky lil fishy's and most prefer pellets, usually the micro pellets, they are a higher nutritional value, and taste much better, my betta did not like flakes either, they eat then go blaah..don't like this..lol..try Omega one, or Hakari Gold micro pellets~but give time, because once they don't like something, they kinda don't like much until you stimulate the appetite with something to make them eat better..Usually they spit out the first one, but try again, they will swallow..:)

Oh, and don't bother with Wardley Pellets for Betta's -most betta's don't like those either.

#6 ·
Yeah, Bettas are picky, not all of them like flakes, most like pellets. Exept mine,
they hated pellets, at least Blueberry did, Strawberry didn't mind them, Blueberry was very picky, she only ate flakes, and they had to be just the right size or else she wouldn't eat! She was very cute. I wish she was here. Anyway, your fish is really cute! Whats his name?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.