Betta Fish Forum banner

Introduction, and Needing Betta Critique! :)

825 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DezernGirl 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself because I am fairly new to hobby breeding, and decided to join this form to learn more from all of you intelligent, more experienced people! :)

I am excited to announce that I made my first Aquabid purchase last week, and I am very happy with my fish! It has helped me get over the passing of my Copper Red Dragon male :-( I was quiet attached to him...

They were purchased from Sloey927. I chose them because of their affordability since this will be my first spawn. I have two males, and two females I purchased from him.

I just wanted everyone to critique my fish and give there own opinions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4slKmBSEdPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91bIA1cLJY

Thanks! :-D

#3 ·
HI, welcome to the forum.

Your first pair has some improving to do - doesn't seem to have enough rays, caudal too round for my taste.
Your second pair is far better. I can't give you more detailed assessment for now. Side view pictures of them flaring would help.

#4 ·
Thanks you guys!

Yea, the one that you said needed improving was the $5 pair so I suppose that is why they were so cheap, lol.

If I ever bred the Red Black Dragon, should I try breeding him to the Blue Green female since she is nicer, and see what I get, or would you keep the pairs the way they are paired off now and just selectively breed for a few generations to perfect the line? I'd like to try mixing, but I do not know very much about Betta genetics. I researched for hours and feel like I've only touched the surface.

I have a hard time critiquing because I see them all as beautiful and miss their flaws. (Hopefully this will not be my weakness when breeding. It's not a good thing I'm like this).

I appreciate your opinion!

If I get a good side view pic I'll be sure to post it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.