Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #1031 
Elsewhere

*cracks knuckles* I'm back. My laptop broke and I had no way of updating, but it was finally fixed today! Woo! So I never ended up putting Achlys in the 10g, he ended up in the 30 instead. Everyone is getting along amazing well, and Achlys ate his first live worm! Didn't seem to know what to make of it, the poor little guy! He and Mischa are about the same size, he might be a little bigger. She's definitely rounder than he is.

Good news! The deal on the 55g came through and I'm going to pick it up at 9:30 tomorrow morning! I'm taking the fish too, comes with a platy, 7 painted tetras, and 5 blackskirt tetras. They're staying in the 10g until Monday morning, then they're going to my friend's mum's tank to live with her guppies and Sam the Betta, if anyone on here still remembers little Samandriel (he's doing quite well and loves chasing his guppies around). Mum wants to set up the 55 right away, so we're trying to find a spot tonight. I won't be able to do anything until Monday, though, because I still need to buy sand and then clean the sand, get the tank filled, decorated, yadda yadda yadda. Hopefully all goes well with the move, I'm hoping they adjust quickly since I'll be adding all the water from the 30g into the 55.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #1032 
Elsewhere

The monster tank is here! In the back of the car. Awesome. But the fish are here too, staying in the 10g until tomorrow. They're a bit worse for wear. A few have some pretty bad bloat, so I put some epsom salt in just to be safe. One guy seems like he's not going to make it, but I hope he does. I'll update with pictures once I get this beast in the house.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #1033 
Elsewhere

My camera is dead, but my phone isn't, so I got a few pictures to update with!

I present to you: Monster Tank! Also known as the 55g I've been dreaming of for years.

I'm honestly so in love with this tank. I got it cleaned up fairly quickly, and I'll be setting it up at soon as the stand is inside, we've moved the piano, and I've got 50 pounds of sand conditioned. There a few issues with this bad boy, though. For instance, the back of it seems really small and like my filter won't fit. I'm working on a solution to that, but hopefully it just looks small because the tank is so large and it won't be an issue. There's also the factor that the light is not for a 55... it appears to be for a 30 or a 40 and was just shoved in the centre, which pisses me off a bit, but oh well, the tank was only $150. I'll just try and put the Anubias and the Java Fern more in the centre.

Here's the current 30 and 10 set up:

The Monster Tank brood, 7 painted tetras, 5 black skirt tetras, and a sunburst platy that's slowly getting it's colour back. I hope that the one black fin gets better, because right now it's not doing very well.

And of course, the mandatory axolotl pictures! All three are getting along swimmingly now... man, I need to stop with the puns.

That's all for now!
Old 07-30-2015, 04:00 PM   #1034 
Elsewhere

Hey guys, I'm back again. Had a lot going on the last couple of days, working like crazy and getting ready for gishwhes. I got the sand last night and managed to pull a muscle in my back, which hurt like crazy. Getting better now, but it still hurts, so I need to wait until Sunday to condition the sand so my mum can help me. I tripped when I was bringing the sand in and pulled the muscle then. Mistakes were made. Ugh.

The lotls are doing well, still no fighting, all are eating well, no signs of illness. They're precious, of course. I'm hoping to get some pictures when I can manage to find my camera charger, again. Until then any terrible phone pictures I get will have to do! Hopefully I can post a couple tonight :)