Betta Fish Forum banner

Walmart Sea-Life Plants Live Lily Aquarium Bulbs

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Kbud 
#1 ·
While at walmart I purchased one of these today and was wondering if anyone has had luck with these and if so what is the best possible way to grow them? Are they good with betta? Angel Fish? And Cories? (These fish are not all in the same tank just trying to figure out which tank would be best for it)
<http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sea-Life-Plants-Aquarium-Live-Lilly-Bulbs-Pets-1-ct/10403220?findingMethod=rr#Product+Reviews>

#8 ·
Got the ones from petco with zero luck. I've bought them 4 different times and never had a single one sprout

#11 ·
I've gotten a few different bulb packs from both Walmart and Petco, with mixed results. The andropogeton bulbs seem to do better than the lilies, at least in my experience. I've heard that these companies are really good at sending you new bulbs if you send them your duds with a copy of the receipts, and that the new bulbs are often way more successful than the originals since they're fresh and haven't been sitting on a shelf in questionable conditions for an unknown period of time.
Posted via Mobile Device

#13 ·
I have never tried the Walmart plants but I got the most adorable plant ever on Aquabid its a Banana plant and I just love it. After it was in QT for 10 days I put it in my tank and within 3 days it grew the biggest leaf which has a beautiful pattern on it and the shape is also beautiful . Not sure if places like Petco or Petsmart have them but if you can get one you should !!! Perseus also enjoys relaxing under it and or top of the biggest leaf. It was only 2.65 best plant ever. I also got a Ultra Sun light bulb 6500K from Amazon and wow its sure is working great so far my plants seem to be loving it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.