Betta Fish Forum banner

Where Do Bettas Poop From? o.o

27K views 35 replies 21 participants last post by  Gracie8890 
#1 ·
I've occasionally seen what looks like poop hanging off my betta but the location doesn't make sense. Will it fall off? Where on the betta do they poop from?

#3 ·
They must do all this during the day because I'm usually never home and now I'm noticing it since I've been snowed in all weekend.

#9 ·
liar, it didn't snow that much!!! lol i couldn't figure out where it was for a while either. it's so close up to his mouth, its kinda weird to imagine all those body parts squeesed into that tiny amount of space...

i'd also love setting up a camera to watch my guys every movement! i'd be such a fish stalker, always watching him sectetly from my room, and whenever he'd start biting his tail i'd have to run in there and yell at him!! XP

#11 ·
Def not lying. Almost no one around here has left home unless they've needed to. It started pouring snow on Friday night and is still pouring snow. It has NOT stopped. We have at least 8 inches and it's still snowing. School's closed tomorrow. And the roads are terrrrrible.

#18 ·
Def not lying. Almost no one around here has left home unless they've needed to. It started pouring snow on Friday night and is still pouring snow. It has NOT stopped. We have at least 8 inches and it's still snowing. School's closed tomorrow. And the roads are terrrrrible.
eewww we only got 2 inches here in raleigh, lol.

at least you have a super excuse to play betta stalker! :-D

#5 ·
They do a lot of weird stuff during the day that they don't do when I'm usually home...like lie underneath plants and wriggle around :p

#7 ·
Yeah hahaha.

#13 ·
I've seen Victor poo several times, he certainly isn't shy about it! He even poos all in his temporary bowl during every water change :p He hates water changes!

For some reason, he also like to poo while he's eating dinner, I guess he likes to take it in one end an put it out the other at the same time! XD

It comes out right behind the ventral fins, and it looks like a big chunky light brown string, then it drops off... I have a bear bottom tank, and it's shocking how much poo builds up after a few days!

#14 ·
I've seen almost all my fish poop. They're definitely not shy about it. I noticed something really funny about one of my boys. If he hasn't pooped, all I have to do is show him his reflection and then, suddenly, he'll do it! Just like that! While he's flaring and showing himself he'll start to poop! I guess he thinks the opponent will find it disgusting and will go away, hahaha!

#23 ·
I was gonna make a post about my betta not pooing untill I came across this thread! lol I have not seen him poo since I got him and was worried he was backed up. He finnally started eating tho. He only like the red betta pellets and blood worms

#27 ·
Apparantly so :)

#33 ·
Thats strange, Drax never has a second cup of coffee at home!

... Sorry was trying to make that a poop joke, couldn't, but wanted to show what I was thinking about while reading this...

Drax must poo alittle, alot, never see him do it, but the evidence is there that he must poop as soon as I turn my back on him haha.

#34 ·
bettas peeing? i thought thier gills act as very odd kidneys that expel all the "pee" stuff. Thats why you never go pee in the amazon river, cause theres this tiny little fish that likes to zone in on urea and attack the source ( blood rich gills)
and yay for off topic!
vancouver canada gets no snow, it makes me sad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.