Betta Fish Forum banner

Feeding Smaller Betta

2K views 26 replies 4 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
Just yesterday I got a small betta who wasn't in very good condition but I wanted to give him a chance so I took him home. He's not very active, but he did survive the night so I hope that's a positive sign. Anyway, I'm not sure how much I should feed him because he's so much smaller than my other two betta. My other two get 10 pellets of Hikari Betta Bio-Gold a day but since the new betta is so much smaller I'm not sure if I should give him the same. Here are pictures of the small one and one of the bigger bettas, sorry they're a little blurry:

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
He could be all three. The first step is getting him clean, warm water. Does he have a heater in his tank?
Sometimes you can constipate them if you feed them too much when they are used to hardly ever being fed at the pet store. I'd start by giving him one pellet, and maybe give him 3 or 4 spread out throughout the day.

#14 ·
Ok I'll try to do that. Unfortunately he doesn't have a heater. I didn't even know I was getting him so I hadn't had a thing prepared. I think I may have an extra 2-10 gallon heater but the tank he's in now is around 1 and a half I think and I didn't fill it up all the way because I wanted to make it easier for him to get to the top. So it might bake him...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.