Betta Fish Forum banner

my 20g divided 5 ways...

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  nochoramet 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a picture of my 20 gallon divided up into 5 parts. Not sure if I want it, only because it's so big, and I don't know if i want to deal with it right now. I'm toying with the idea of a 10 gallon divided in half because I only have 2 fish instead of five now. Idk what to do, but here it is anyway.

#4 · (Edited)
welll... seeing as how it appears tha you've used sealant to divide it I'd say you're stuck with it that way. =/

If you can find a way to strip the sealant and re-devide it I'd divide the it into 2 or maybe 3 since it appears that your tank is taller than it is wide.

If you divide it into only 2 or 3 then the bettas/other fish won't have to swim as hard to get to the top because they could hacv a more diagonal path to the surface and less of a vertical one. =]

then again this is all theory since I don't even own a betta of my own yet. =[ but it seems like a good idea to me =]

I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do with your tank! =]

#7 ·
It's ok. I really want to use it because we put a lot of work into it, but then again it's a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be lol. So I think I'm going to get a 10g, divide it in half for Chance and Purple Haze, and see what happens from there. Does it sound like a good idea?

#8 ·
You can't strip the sealant? They make tools for that. :( Shame to waste a perfectly good tank.

#10 ·
Yeah I'm going to try to strip the sealant, though no one will use the tank as of now. My dad has his new 30g for his Oscar, and my sisters have their 10g for their goldie. I think I'l try to strip it this weekend, and get my 10g tomorrow. I just need the tank, I got the heater, filter, gravel, decor...

#12 ·
Same here! It shouldn't be too hard to strip down and re-divide! I think it would look just fine with 4 spaces instead of 5.

#13 ·
No it wouldn't be too hard at all.. I would divide it in half.. possibly 3 times (but no more.. I don't like the overcrowded look). I'd have live plants in each, 2 bettas, and one section for 2 or so ADFs.. I think it would be cute "froggy in the middle". Problem is I'm not allowed 20 gal tanks in my dorm.. so I would have to wait till I move off campus to set it up

#14 ·
Yeah, try finding another use for it. It would be such a shame to throw away a nice tank like that, you never know...you may want to use it in the future. My mom sold a tank like that a while back, and now I regret it, lol. I mean if you have to use it that way for the bettas, it won't hurt them. I mean I guess we're just used to seeing fish have more horizontal space, but they'll get used to it if it has to be used that way. ;-)

#15 ·
Nah, I'm stripping it down now. I'm not going to use it, I bought me a ten gallon and I'm dividing it into 3... but I'm letting my boyfriends mom use the 20g for guppies if she wants too. That way, it'll be in use, but it's still mine! I'm happy that I have my 10g now. It's much easier to handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.