Betta Fish Forum banner

Snails?

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  fishman12 
#1 ·
The tank that I have is like a 2.75/3 gallon critter keeper. If I wanted to get a snail to keep the cage nice and healthy, where could I get one, what kind, and I am only getting one so what do I need for it? Sorry I know nothing about snails

#3 ·
A container that size is too small for an apple snail, some can get quite big and they produce a lot of waste. I would recommend a ramshorn or small nerite snail.

#8 ·
Well they would be water snails and not land snails that would be living in there so they'd want to stay in the water. I never had mine crawl out of the tank but maybe someone had them escape before idk.

#11 ·
Applesnails, especially females will leave the water to deposit eggs,
If there is no cover don't be surprised to find them on the floor one morning,
all it takes is a small opening, Just had to do a couple repair jobs myself on a few of my snails,
the fall can crack them and they will die if left exposed for any length of time.

Even other snails will occasionally leave their tank, I see it all the time on my open topped tanks, they move between tanks, I'm constantly having to put them back in their correct tanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.