Betta Fish Forum banner

My Betta the Model

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  makoisland 
#1 ·
I had to tell this story of one of my two Bettas displaying the ham end of his personality.
I was using my tank shelf as a surface to take some picture of something on. And after taking a few pictures with my tank in the background I noticed my male halfmoon betta, Lorcan, was right up against the glass. He's a very active fish so it's not unlike him to come look at anyone who gets near his tank. What was odd was that he was holding very still and flaring out all his fins. I couldn't find anything that could of scared him but he stayed there, occasionally changing position, until I snapped his picture. Which seemed to satisfy his vanity and his stopped flaring and just hung there until I finished taking picture then wandered off back to his fishy interests.
Now when I ever I get near his tank with a camera of any kind Lorcan comes and demands that I take his picture and will stay still and flare until I do.

This is one of the pictures I took, not great because I snapped it with my phone and he didn't have his fins flared all the way. But not half bad either.

See less See more
#3 ·
hahahaha that's awesome :) whatta cutey

#5 ·
He's really beautiful! My betta, Valentino does that with the camera too. Is very interested and sometimes flares at it. They are little people, and some are really hams!

#6 ·
He is beautiful! And you can tell he loves the camera! From your cell phone, this is a perfect picture! My cell phone pics are so bad, why I even put them up I don't know.

#9 ·
That is hilarious! I absolutely adore Lorcan's coloring.

Fish are so funny with pictures. I got my avatar while trying to coax my Bowie through his Betta log. He wasn't having any of it, but figured out that I wasn't going to stop until he went through his log; so like a little rebellious kid, who makes funny faces in family pictures, he swam through his log really quickly and flared like mad. It's not the best picture, but I decided, to get back at him, I'd post the photo on the internet. :tongue: lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.