Betta Fish Forum banner

Vegas!

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Yes. I love bettas.
I got my first betta at wal/mart, just like most of the rest of you. I had to research them well enough to be able to argue my want-case up and down to both of my parents. That's the way they were: never ask for anything unless you've got a long list of pros and cons and know how to pit the "facts" against each other.
That fish was with me for nearly 3 years, and we were content.
Nowadays, I'm a little less likely to argue a whim. I guess that now that I make my own money, I indulge them. Not irresponsibly, mind... I promise!

And about me, I live in Vegas, I'm a girl, and I hate being cold seemingly even more than my fishies do. My plants, luckily, hate it, too and so our home is warm and peaceful.
I'm a former farm-kid (I say former because I'm off the farm, not because the farm's off me) and the consensus seems to be that as the reason for my idea of home decorating being green and/or moving. Plus bones... I like bones. I had quite a collection of critter bones when I lived in the country. Unfortunately, now I make do with nifty Halloween decor.

I'm also extremely tired because the Cora seems to think that as soon as the sun peeks up, it's time to patrol the backyard. She's my little sister and my mom's dog... I'm baby-sitting the furball.

See less See more
#7 ·
Weeeell, that first one was actually 13 years ago, back up in Washington. Where it is cold. Far too cold for me.
That being said, there was a period of time where they didn't exist for me, but now I'm back as an actual obsessionada! :p

Thanks for the well wishes, and I have been enjoying myself. I had actually held off joining this forum for nearly a year, can you believe that folly?!

@Choclate: Feisty one, huh? Awesome!
What did you mean about cheap bettas...? I am a bit confused...

#16 ·
Which are much more normal prices, here, too.
But I only intended on having one betta... The rest I picked up were rescues. Most of them were on sale, because they didn't have much shelf life left.
Happy to say that mostly they've survived and thrived. I did have two who died a week after I brought them home (dropsy =( ) and one that jumped his walls (I had no idea that they were jumpers, which should have just been common sense. But I know better now)
But the rest (there are 4 males, two females) appear happy and healthy. And my Blue DevilFish is feisty and nasty and absolutely gorgeous!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.