Betta Fish Forum banner

Hello All (pics)

686 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PooterFish 
#1 ·
I guess I joined this forum a few years back but I don't think I've ever posted.

I used to keep a lot of bettas when I was a teen and since then have usually had one or two...until a few years ago. I had an old male that passed away and got two consecutive replacements that also passed away shortly after purchase. Discouraged, I decided to not get any more.

However old habits die hard.

5 weeks ago I went to Petco to buy some crickets (I keep tarantulas) and a beautiful steel blue dt plakat caught my eye. He was feisty and responsive and he had finrot. Naturally I snatched him up, along with the cheapest 1 gallon tank.

I treated him with melaleuca and every other day 100% water changes. He improved.

I decided he'll be around for awhile. His finrot is gone. He is active, fun and full of life. I named him Feynman, after the brilliant physicist of similar nature.

Today I upgraded him to a more permanent 3 gallon home.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks! I like him,but I may be biased!

You are right, waterdog, I'm not running a heater right now. I keep my house at 80 this time of year so he's doing well without one. When I start to run the AC instead of the heat then he'll get one to keep him cozy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.