Betta Fish Forum banner

showing off my boy

1K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  DragonFish 
#1 ·
just wanted to show off my handsome fella! he is supposedly crowntail and i got him from petco about a month ago... wish to find him a female to breed with! :lol: bad pics.. better ones soon

#28 ·
Well, it looks to me as if you're making do with what you've got at the moment in that tank, which is good. ;) In situations like that, you gotta do what you gotta do until you can get things sorted out.
Thankfully they're all still young right now, so so long as you get them separated and moved into their own setups soonish you're good. Of course, moving them as soon as you possibly can isn't a bad idea.

Depending on what your water chemistry is like, you may need to set the 39 up with some crushed coral substrate to bring up the PH for the africans....have you looked into anything like that yet? Also, from what I understand, they tend to prefer an array of rocks like slate and lava rock stacked up to make a lit of caves and crevices rather then plants or driftwood like the SAs might like, so maybe look into picking up some of those to set up in the 39. :)

Hmm...I would think there would be more members answering you on there. D: I'm sorry. Maybe they're just not quite seeing it? If you still haven't gotten any good answers in a couple of days, maybe post something in the general fish section of TFK, or I could link you to a couple of Cichlid specific forums though PM if you'd like? I remember I used to be a member of a couple that were very helpful.

#29 ·
i think im going to put the africans in the 39 and the jacks in the 55.. im working on getting all the materials i need but most of the good stuff was meant for only the 55 seeing as how i thought this would work out.. but im gonna have to get another lid for the 39 and everything.. jeez. its a mess... i have a pretty big platy tank, its 39 gallon too i think if i am getting these sizes right.. i was always successful with those and still am so i figured these wouldnt be a big deal... but they are.

#30 ·
Oh yes, it definitely is a mess....sadly, not all fish are quite as easy to take care of as Platys! Ah, if only!

Yes, definitely look into setting up an African-specific tank in the 39....your Africans will really appreciate it. ;)
Have you asked the store about taking back two of the Jacks? Or found any other way to rehome them? More then one even in a 55 is going to be trouble here pretty soon....

#31 ·
have someone who can take one and im gonna tke the littlest one back, the biggest one is my favorite and soooo colorful i just cannot imagine giving him back.. he reminds me of my car i had painted in that sparkly rainbow on top of black.. it was awesome, and gone now lol

#34 ·
Yup. With those setups, you're definitely better off. Again, I'm not entirely sure how well the Convicts and Firemouth will do with the Jack as everyone gets older. I know Jacks can get pretty territorial....so you'll definitely really want to look into that.
I'll PM you some links to some Cichlid specific forums? At the very least, there should definitely be some good info to read. ;)

Haha, awww, how cute!! xD You're both very welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.