Betta Fish Forum banner

Newbie (No name yet)

930 views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  LittleBlueFishlets 
#1 ·
To make a long story short, I didn't plan on getting another fish.... But here is he. :roll: I know he's a HM, but what would you call his color pattern? Sorry for the blurry photos & glare, but he didn't want to stay still! (I used natural light so his colors are close, but the sun was reflecting off the tank.)

See less See more
#11 ·
#15 ·
Bubbles and Bettas website says:
"Halfmoons... obtained their name from their beautiful caudal tail, which is the shape of a halfmoon and spreads at a 180 degree angle....

A Delta tail is the right name for any single tailed non-Halfmoon Betta. A non-Halfmoon is when the tail has straight caudal edges just like a Halfmoon, but they don’t reach 180 degrees....

The Super Delta is similar to a Delta Tail, but an improved version of branching. It's amazing caudal fin extends between 120-160 Degrees. "

http://bubblesandbettas.blogspot.com/p/betta-breeds-tail-types.html

Well, I didn't want to stress him out more, after his "interesting" last few days. But maybe I'll need to get him to flare so I can take better photos of him. That might be the only way to tell what he is.

PetSmart labeled him as a "Half Moon" though.

#19 ·
Ok. I guess the only way to determine what they are is to get them to flare and then measure the angle. Based on what I read, I think he's not going to be a full HM, like Petsmart labeled him.... Actually, I'm now wondering if any of the fish they've labeled as halfmoons are truly HMs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.