Betta Fish Forum banner

Shredded Fins

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ChristinaRoss 
#1 ·
Ok, so my four boys are in a divided ten-gallon, (heated), with a filter that I'm not sure is even working properly and it is not possible for me to cycle or buy a new one right now. I may be able to get a new filter soon though. Anyways, they all had a plastic plant or two in their sections, and now Toby's fins are shredded, Aqua has a huge chunk missing, and the other two have one or two small tears in their fins. What should I do for them?

I have Jungle Fungus Clear and Bettafix, and ice cream salt. (No aquarium salt.) It is not possible for me to run out and buy things right now.

I will be taking all the plastic plants out of their tank. Should I bettafix the whole tank? Can I use ice cream salt to give them salt baths? Should I take them all out and put them in individual 1-2.5 gal tanks until they're healed? I will be leaving around December 14th for a week, and so they will have to go back in their ten-gallon by then. Thanks for any advice.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply! I also realized that the filter is hanging in Toby's section, so perhaps covering the intake "cage" with some sort of netting will help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.