Betta Fish Forum banner

So much Fungus!

432 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SpookyTooth 
#1 ·
hey everyone,

I have a new tank from Christmas however i use my old live plants and decorations (buying new things soon). There was maybe only a few fungus on my plants and decorations so i didnt clean them that deeply. But now the fungus wont come off and i was wondering how i could clean it. I really dont want to risk losing my fish by using bleach so is there any other way?

Also does that anti-fungus stuff you buy in the store work (sort of like liquid medicine).

Thanks!

#2 ·
I don't suppose you'd be able to photograph the fungus at all would you? This might help us to see if there's anything majorly wrong.

I'm not an expert by any means but you could perhaps try to wash the ornaments in hot water (as hot as you can handle but don't burn yourself) while using a new scrubbing brush (that hasn't been used with soap before). This might remove the bulk of the problem from the ornaments, as for the plants I don't really know what else to suggest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.