Betta Fish Forum banner

Update

892 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  kathstew 
#1 ·
Gosh, I just seem to only be posdting here with updates! Sorry, life is pretty hectic for me right now, especially as I have to deal with moving from place to place as my aunt and uncle are moving out of the country this week.

Anyway, I have some good news and bad news!

Really bad news: my gorgeous HM betta died. :-( I spent quite a bit on him too, and I loved him. He had a white patch on his side which at first i thought was just part of his marbling. There wasn't anything odd looking about the patch. Then it slowly started to grow, and the skin around it looked kinda...spiky. It damaged a bit of his fin too, when it got there.
Anyway, no matter what I tried, it wouldn't go away. Then he got dropsy. All I could do was make him comfortable until he passed... :cry:

I also lost my multicolour VT during this, for some unknown reason. He seemed to be okay too...

My parents were here over the weekend and took most of my fish back to their house, since the place I'm moving in to doesn't have enough room for all of them. Hopefully the rest will be okay.

Good news:

My sorority is doing great! Everyone's active, healthy, and get along pretty well. Actually, I'd say this sorority is more successful than my first one.

The green and red VT I rescued from Big Al's that had ick and swimming issues has made a full recovery! He's a great little guy and a BIG eater. :)
I've named him Ruben.

I now have my first plakat! Er...plakats. :oops:
Y'see, they have a bunch of lovely PKs down at Big Al's when I went there today. I told myself I'd buy only one fish (to replace the VT that passed), but there were FIVE that I would have loved to take home.
I didn't buy five though. It was hard, but I narrowed it down to two. One is a dragon copper HMPK, and the other is a very cute Salemander with a very bright purple colour.
I've always wanted a HMPK, but I've never found one! I'm so excited that I have one of my dream bettas now, and is he ever feisty!

I'll take pictures in a few days. Since I'm moving soon everything's kinda all over the place, lol.

See less See more
#4 ·
Aww. I am sorry about your losses. That is terrible that two little fellas died. :(

But congrats on getting some new bettas! I can't wait to see the pictures, especially the salamander one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.