Betta Fish Forum banner

NPT update

464 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kfryman 
#1 ·
After a few days quarantine I added 10-12 live plants to Keller's 10gal- Not able to do a completely NPT, so it's mixed silk and live now. But I have to say it is soooo cute watching him troll around checking out his new plants and moss ball, he's tested each new plant for loungability.

#3 ·
Just a heads up, a NPT and a planted tank are much different. A NPT is as close as you can get to in a glass box, using dirt as a fertilizer and having as many plants as you can so they use the fish waste, ammonia, as food. A NPT is almost self sustained as the plants ate natural filters. A planted tank is just planting plants and requires more care than an NPT. Just so you know...

I enjoy reading that people are heading into live plants. Most easy to find plants can survive with little care, such as java fern and ancharis. Make sure you have aquatic plants as some plants in petstores aren't fully aquatic and will rot after a while. Make sure you have good lights as that is the key to success with plants. Good luck!

Oh and post some pictures!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.