Betta Fish Forum banner

Brine shrimp or bloodworms?

11K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Pitluvs 
#1 ·
Which are more nutritional/cause less bloating?

I'm going to buy some for Sodapop, but I'd rather them be a more nutritional thing than just a snack. He gobbles his pellets like crazy, so I have no worries about him being picky. :p

#2 ·
I dont know about the nutrition value of either of these. Hopefully someone on here will help you with that.
Are you planning to get live or frozen?
If you get frozen I would get one of each. That way he gets some of each :) My Betta LOVE bloodworms, but they wont mind BS.

#3 ·
i feed mine brine shrimp, Ive had no trouble with bloating. they like them live as well cause they chase them XD u watch them like their assassins and they pounce at them, sooooooo cool. i just used my sea monkeys XD XD XD XD XD. but anyway they are fine with them theyve had no illness so far. hope this helps u.

#4 ·
Technically brine shrimp will be better for digestion, but if you are just concerned about that, daphnia is the best possible choice! :)

I personally like bloodworms because they are easiest to feed. Though variety is the spice of life, and I don't think either bloodworms or brine shrimp are particularly expensive.

#5 ·
U can buy brine shrimp eggs off amazon for
Around $5 (Australian)

#7 ·
Brineshrimp is the better choice out of the two. Blood worms are rich and should be fed sparingly throughout the week. Both brineshrimp and daphnia are good to clean out your betta and prevent constipation.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.