Betta Fish Forum banner

3 boys (?)!

669 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  StormKeeper 
#1 ·
hi, i'm new here and wanted to post a few photos of my boys and gather some input on the gender of one who i'm...a little concerned might actually be female (not that it matters all that much, i adore my fish either way, but i've been looking at some of the guides for gendering them online and i'm just perplexed!)
(these were taken on the day they came home from the pet store, hence the tiny cups!)

this lovely boy was a gift for my mother who wanted to get into the betta keeping hobby.

and now for the love of my life, ambros!

i had not at all intended to leave petsmart with a new fish, i had just gone in to pick up a few things for my other betta's ten gal and innocently browsed through the bettas when he caught my eye. love at first sight! he's so full of personality, he never ceases to make me smile. and blows the biggest bubble nests i've ever seen!

and last but not least, the one i have some gender confusion about, alucard. any input is appreciated on the gender matter! i think i *vaguely* maybe remember seeing a small bubble nest when i first got the fish at the start of december but it's been so long i've begun to wonder if it's just my mind playing tricks on me, i apologize for the low quality of photos, they had to be taken with my phone because for whatever reason when alucard sees my camera it becomes swim at the speed of light and make everything blurry time.

and for flare shot, a few days after the fish came home with me

thanks for looking xx

See less See more
#10 ·
LOOOVE the name Alucard! Hellsing fan? ;3
But I do believe he's a boy - although you are right, he does look awful girly... just don't tell him I said that. XD His "beard" gills look too big for female, and his ventral fins are quite long, so I'm thinking male. :D All very, very beautiful fish you have! ^.^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.