Betta Fish Forum banner

Pheonix's treatment

852 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  rb500 
#1 ·
Ok, so I've been doing 1-3 salt baths a day for about a week or more. The gray is going away, but the rip has gotten bigger. Also, it just seems more ragged around the tip of his tail. I feel like I'm not doing enough salt baths because I don't have the time. As for the rip, its not as bad as I've seen on this forum, but its about half a centimeter into the tail. Maybe less, I'm bad at estimating. Anyway, is it time to move to medication? :-(

#5 ·
Thanks drama, I bet I ca get to the store in a couple of days or so. Until then I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

#3 ·
My one Betta has a pretty bad case of tail rot. I tried water changes, salts baths, and more salt baths and water changes. I also tried Melafix.

Nothing has been working. I'm going to try Maracyn for a week and hopefully he gets better. :(

#4 ·
My one Betta has a pretty bad case of tail rot. I tried water changes, salts baths, and more salt baths and water changes. I also tried Melafix.

Nothing has been working. I'm going to try Maracyn for a week and hopefully he gets better. :(
Those are somewhat weak methods. Trust me they work really good. But in sucha bad case you need to use some kick butt antibiotics like Ampicillin, and Tetracycline.

#7 ·
'K, thanks. Its time for his water change tonight, I have to get up. uhhhhh...

#9 ·
Lol! way to be proactive

#10 ·
He has a bubblenest!!

I first saw it yesterday morning. His fins are loosing the gray dead looking skin on the end, but are getting more little rips. his fin is fanning out though, instead of being shrivled in like it used to be. Could it be that the rips are from his fin being weak and stretched out like this? I checked all the stuff in his tank, did the pantyhose trick, and nothing seems rough enough to cause it. But yay! bubblenest! he's at least feeling better!

#12 ·
Yea, he is. But I'm still a little worried about his tail. I'll try to get a picture up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.