Betta Fish Forum banner

Luna☽

750 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  LoriKeet 
#1 ·
Meet Luna. :)

My local pet store explained to me that they had spent four weeks trying to acquire two Betta males, one mostly black and one mostly white, for some lady's wedding (don't ask me why you would want two male fish that would kill each other representing your marital vows...). To show her gratitude, both fish were unceremoniously dumped back at the pet store after the wedding: scared and fin clinched. The white Betta was snatched up pretty quickly, and I happened along shortly there after.

The nerve of some people to treat animals like throw aways. Oh well, her loss; she doesn't know what she missed out on. I just love this quirky, playful boy! :D

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments, he is a real cutie. :) Sorry it took me this long to post pictures of him, I haven't strayed out of the basic care forum all that much.

And you're right Koincidenskis, it's really bizarre; especially using fish that are notorious for fighting one another. 0_o Nothing says 'till death to us part' like two fish who will actually kill each other if they're not parted.

#7 ·
A friend of mine used a single betta as a centerpiece for her wedding cake, but she took him home with her afterwards. I guess he even matched the cake... lol

I don't know though, doves aren't monogamous, or butterflies, or most of the things they release at weddings, so the point is lost on me too

He is a stunning fella though!

#9 · (Edited)
Excellent point! Using polygamous animals to celebrate a wedding is such a strange tradition. Which reminds me of another story. I use to volunteer for a wolf sanctuary in Colorado. We had a fund raiser every year where we'd have a giant, silent auction at a Marriott Hotel and bring two ambassador animals to host. Well, one year there was a wedding going on next door to the auction room and Sammy, one of the ambassador wolves, pulled her handler along to take a peak at the wedding celebration. She trotted right on up to the bride who wasn't the least bit happy to see her. We tried to explain that wolves are most always in monogamous pairings and that Sammy would bring her good luck, but she'd have none of it.

Pssh, some people. :roll: I'd be stoked if a wolf visited my wedding. :-D

#12 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.