Betta Fish Forum banner

Zoo Med Floating Betta Log experiences?

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Micho 
#1 ·
So I was on Amazon and found this.

I have the Betta leaf they make and my boy loves the thing. I even got a back up.

Has anyone bought the log? Do the Bettas like it? Any experiences iwth it? Is it safe and what not?

Thanks in advance.

Also as a side note for anyone that knows: I am correct in reading you should not use plastic plants with Bettas right? Just teh fabric ones?

See less See more
#3 ·
I was hoping I would hear good thigns about them. Did you have to file it at all? How long have you had it? Is it holding up well?

Also I thought that I was right about the plastic plants. Seems odd to me that Zoo Med seems to sell plastic ones to put in Betta tanks. Even sold under the Betta pet brand.

#4 ·
Didn't have to file it, it was pretty smooth! I've had it about a month or so, and it's holding up great! I wash it about every other week, make sure the paint isn't flaking or anything :) So far so good!!

Yes, for some reason they sell plastic plants. I think for short tailed Betta's they can be okay... my sister has Crown Tail Betta, and plastic plants. And her Betta is fine. My Betta is a Halfmoon tail and it ripped his fins to shreads...

#5 ·
I have heard many good things about this log and will be purchasing one once my tank is cycled. Certain betta fish have more delicate tails than others but plastic plants are generally a no-no. I never trusted them even before finding out that they could rip a tail and only ever used them on this cave my Fabio loved because they were attached.

#6 ·
I have been debating on that Log too..reading reviews and I am glad yu brought it up..cuz I got the Betta Hammock..but our betta not too interested in it..i think I have to move it to the back whete the heater is..i have a plastic plant..but its soft not like stiff..its in the pic..the blue and purple one..and a red tall silk big leaf our Sammy loves to hide in..:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.