Betta Fish Forum banner

Opinions please

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Agility4fun 
#1 ·
Im trying to come up with some new ideas for my natural planted tank.

Can Y'all post some pics of your tanks to give me some inspiration?

#2 ·
Themis and Pigg's divided tank:

Atlas and Artemis' divided tank:

Both are 10g tanks and have been rearranged and have more plants/have grown bigger. I can't take pics right now, it's too dark and the tank lights too bright for my camera :p This was about an hour after I first planted them.

Current plants in my tank:

4 Corkscrew Vallisneria
1 Java Fern
2 Swords (I believe)
1 Mystery (mislabelled)
1 Water Wisteria

#10 ·
Themis and Pigg's divided tank:

A pal of mine (coincidentally SHE is named Artemis ^^) and she has the plant on the left in her tank. Its overtaking her tank and I consider cutting down a few of the branches and replanting them into my tank. Do you think this will work? I am more concerned damaging her plant.

Nice aquariums Btw guys/gals!

#5 ·
Nothingness, I am super jealous.

Picture One: My 16 gal when I first scaped it
Picture Two: My 5 gal when I first scaped it
Picture Three: A 1.5 litre nano tank (jar)
Picture Four: My extremely messy, overgrown 16 gallon a couple of days ago
Picture Five: The same 16 gallon about 18 months/two years ago when it was still neat and pretty.

Attachments

#7 ·
It's a jar that I believe once held coffee, as I have a few in my cupboards that are identical. I got that particular one when I bought my rescue Apollo (RIP) of the classifieds a few years back. That had been his home for a while. It's been sitting empty taking up space ever since, so I planted it on Friday. :)
This particular one would be no good for housing fry, unfortunately, since I don't think it's even half a gallon.

#17 ·
:dunno: Just kidding; I think your tanks look great considering the dimensions that you're working with, especially that last pic of yours :thumbsup: When I had a 45g tank, I could not get it to look decent for the life of me. It became much easier when I upgraded to a 90g which has a really easy footprint to manipulate and plenty of space to pretty much do what I want without having to be creative. I honestly put very little thought into my aquascaping.

#19 · (Edited)
I *think* it's macranda, but my lighting wasn't high enough to maintain it and it eventually melted away. :( You can see the lower-right hand tips beginning to melt in that picture, actually. It's a shame, because it was beautiful.

Thanks, Funkman! I remain, howver, super jealous. As you can see, my tank didn't stay that well-scaped. :p I think I need a lower-maintenance scape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.