Betta Fish Forum banner

Need help really urgent!!!

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  kelly528 
#1 ·
I need help, my betta cobalt is sick with something, and I don't know what. last week he stoped flaring, and now he stoped eating. yesterday I fed him, and he went, and missed it, he only moves when I hit the stand. when he moves he shakes like a seziure (heck I don't know how to spell that) he is really weak, and has a really hard time going up for air, and his gill movement is soooooooooo heavy. I love him to bits, and I am going to breed him with luna(who is doing soooooooo awsome)

please help, having him like this is rather depresing:cry:

thanks *sigh* K stiles

#5 ·
also I have heard of many breeders who breed pet store bettas, and have had tons of luck, just ask doggyhog, who bred both pet store bettas (I think)

#3 ·
also consider what you'll do with 50 new fish. do you have homes for them all? do you have room for them in your house? will you be willing to heat the entire room to 80 degrees to keep them all toasty? breeding these little guys is a huge commitment. focus on getting your little buddy well first.
how long have you had him?

#4 ·
this isn't the breeding section, he is in a one gallon the water temp is about 79 degrees, I will get him a 5 gallon as soon as possible, the thing is I am only 12, and my money life is 6 bucks weekly, also I clean his bowl weekly. I also have had him for a month now, and he ate the day I got him...

Lani baby,I have tons of room, I have done reacerch for like 5 months now, and I have the whole setup planned out, when I get the money its all downhill from there.

#6 ·
The point is that you don't know their background or what deformities they may pass on to fry, so it's a crap-shoot. You also need to think of who you are going to sell run-of-the-mill pet store bettas to. Most pet stores prefer buying from fish farms because they get multiple colors of betta from all different spawns in one shipment. Sibling bettas all look pretty much the same and are tougher to sell as a batch.

Now, are you here to argue about breeding or are you going to tell me what your tank stats are so we can see what up with colabt ;)

#7 ·
okay that whole subject was off topic, how do I help cobalt.

#10 ·
also upgrades are coming soon to a five gallon tank, otherwise yes jamietron you are right.

#11 ·
with a heater

#12 ·
so a few more questions...
is there anything visibly wrong? any spots, streaks, patches?
anything hanging off of him?
If not it's really hard to say, I have one sort of doing the same thing. I have been giving him salt baths... not much else I know to do with him.

#14 ·
I am having the exact same problem with my FLARE. Only this has been going on for at least 2 weeks. Hasn't eaten in two weeks...I mean i even hold a blood worm in his face and he just twitches and jerks like you described like a seizure. any time i barely touch the tank he freaks out. I have posted my questions on here "twitching and not eating" and no response.

SO anybody have any ideas or suggestions???
Thanks!

#15 ·
I am having the exact same problem with my FLARE. Only this has been going on for at least 2 weeks. Hasn't eaten in two weeks...I mean i even hold a blood worm in his face and he just twitches and jerks like you described like a seizure. any time i barely touch the tank he freaks out. I have posted my questions on here "twitching and not eating" and no response.

SO anybody have any ideas or suggestions???
Thanks!

Like I asked k stiles, I need your tank size, temperature, how often you clean it, how much water you change and any water stats you can give me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.