Betta Fish Forum banner

Rescue/adopting out a betta?

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bettaakapes 
#1 ·
My friend has a female betta that he keeps in a tiny jar and doesn't care for well. He doesn't like her and even said he wishes she would die because she is boring. Today he asked me if I wanted the betta because his mom said he has to get rid of her.

I really want to get the betta and I have a 5 gallon tank for her. The only problem is that my dad says I can only have 2 tanks so I don't think he would let me keep her. Do you think it would be possible to rescue her and get her in good health and then adopt her out to someone?

I would like to do this, but I don't know how I would find a home for a rescued female betta when there's tons of other pretty bettas in the pet stores. I don't know anyone who would want or care for a betta properly. I feel terrible leaving her there to have a horrible life, so what should I do?

#2 ·
You could always post on here in the classifieds and only charge for shipping. I"m sure someone would be willing to take her in.

If I didnt have so many bills coming up i'd take it in a heartbeat. I've got plenty of room just cant afford it right now.

#3 ·
How much does shipping cost? I would be willing to pay for some of it just to get her adopted. I really want to get her to a good home.

#4 · (Edited)
Ii wouldnt mind having her! (Id have to ask my mom) do you have any pics or know anything about her?

#5 ·
I might get pics tomorrow I hope. I haven't talked to my dad yet about fostering a betta while I find her a new home, but I'm sure that since you are willing to take her, he will agree. I'm not sure what condition she's in, but I will post some pics as soon as I can. I will make a classified thread once I get more info.

Does anyone know how to send bettas? I have no idea how you mail them.

#6 ·
I just talked to my mom about getting another betta, and she said no for now. Im so sorry, she said that i already have 2 big tanks and we dont have room for another. But if you post this i. The betta classifieds on this forum i bet some one else will be willing

#7 ·
I understand. I wish my dad would let me use my 5 gallon! *sigh*

Do you think anyone would be willing to pay shipping for her? I could try to pay for part of it, but I have almost no money and I'm still paying my mom off for my 20 gallon. I know bettas are available for $5 at pet stores, so do you think someone would actually pay for her?

#8 ·
I bet someone out there will. You could also try aquabid if no one onthis forum will take her

#9 ·
It just depends....I see online that priority is normally 10-16 and express is around 30....Plus shipping supplies.

#10 ·
I'm sure someone on here would be willing to pay shipping, but you'd have to search for a bit. Like i said, if i could afford it i would take her but I dont have much extra cash lying around either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.