Betta Fish Forum banner

Renovation Time

880 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Vikki81207 
#1 ·
Here's my half-done tank. I replaced half of the sand with the white gravel which conveniently has pinkish hues which pick up on Victor's color. Since Edelweiss is light in color her side is going to be a dark gravel that has the same pinkish hues to pick up on her pink spots. The gravel is all natural rocks, just in diff colors.

Actually, the sand looks a lot better in pics than real life...it is actually covered in algae and looks like crap which is why I replaced it.

View attachment 3208

View attachment 3209

The tank is no where done. I'm getting some nice driftwood as well as more silk plants...some nice ones that accent the colors that I'm going with. Victor seems to like the tank though - he built a new bubblenest right after I finished :)

And yes, I know it's not the traditional black gravel, black background theme but I think it looks better in this tank in real life and lets me see my fish better. More pics to come when it is finished...it's really not anywhere near what it's going to look like now.

#3 ·
It's looking awesome!

#4 ·
Thanks guys! I'll post more pics once I put in Edelweiss' dark gravel. I think she's really going to pop once it's in since she kinda blends in with the sand right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.