Betta Fish Forum banner

2 Rescued Jacked up Doubletails

968 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  CrankyFish84 
#1 ·
Two new boys when I swore NO MORE!!!
But I just happen to have a cleared out 10G & divider, so I took it as a sign. ;-)
My stepdad grabbed these guys from these people's house he was painting (No he didn't steal
them, lol, but I wouldn't have blamed him). They were moving & he mentioned my love for them, they
handed em right over.

Both of their coloring is very muddled & pale right now from stress.
I can see one is a doubletail, fins in decent shape, he's more fiesty & wasn't afraid of the camera,
coloring on fins is clear & body is brownish/tan.
The other has fin damage & smaller, possibly a double veiltail....Hints of light blue
but mostly brownish now.

In the new home, #1 looked around then went right up to my face & danced around.
#2 was entranced by the red marbles & picked at the plants & stared at his tiki house.

Sorry pics are bad, wanted to get them in the new place quick & darkened lights.

What colors do you think they will start to show? It will be interesting to see what happens...

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you were able to take them in :)
I can't wait to see how their colors will brighten and change.

#5 ·
I'm happy you took them in :) They seem like they need some love and care, and I can't wait to see them in a while when they've gotten better hopefully! :)

#8 ·
Update :)

Ok here is the "brown" double tail....He's actually a smokey black color! with touches of torquiouse/spots
on his dorsal, and indigo striped body in the right light...Needs a name! Something dark and spooky...
The double veiltail guy is doing good too...He's turning purple red, but hard to photograph. :/

#9 ·
And yea Atteb, I'd say yours is a Double veiltail :) I hope mine get's his finnage back!

So "blackie" (temp name) is in a 3G now, and DBVT is in the 10G (which looks psychotic because the decorations don't match, lol)

#11 ·
Good thing you saved them! They're becoming gorgeous thanks to some TLC. How about the name Phantom for the MG?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.