Betta Fish Forum banner

female bettas with guppies?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ilovemyshiny 
#1 ·
guppies are very nice peaceful fish would they be a good addition to my female beta tank?

#2 ·
:shock:Guppies are very peaceful fish i know, i breed them. But placing them with ANY betta male or female is a big NO NO! They females might confuse them with another betta and try to kill them. And yes females are not AS aggresive as males but they still have quite a temper. So i would strongly suggest buying a separate tank to use as a community tank if you really want them but definitley DO NOT place them in the tank with your females!

One more thing: The reason they might confuse guppies with another betta is becuase of the guppie's lonf flowing fins. This also goes for other fish with fins that are long and flowing. And if you want a tank mate for your betta(s) then i would suggest julli catfish ( just one or two!) or white cloud mountain minnows. (not too many) small shrimp may work too as would a plecostomus ( i dont know how to spell it.) or algea eater.

#4 ·
Yeah they do but if its the pink corys your talking about for some reason i dont think they are very hardyi mean they do too quick but yeah they are nice.

#5 ·
Sorry let me rephrase that i made some typos! Yeah they do make good tank mates but they if your talking about the pink corys they seem to die too quickly for some reason and i have had better luck with julii.

#6 ·
I love my albino cories. such zippy fish.

#7 ·
i had a cory and all it did was die and giive my betta a disease :(

#8 ·
okay thanks just wondering,yea i know about the tails making them look alike thats why i hesated. and i breed them too. lol, well its kinda hard not to breed guppies if you own a male and female.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.