Betta Fish Forum banner

Divided 10 gallon

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Adastra 
#1 ·
Hello! So, one of my bettas died a few days ago, so now I have 2 bettas in my 10g tank. Is there anything I could put in one or both of the sections? I've tried ghost shrimp before, and that didn't work out too well. Also, I can't find ADFs anywhere anymore. Is there anyother thing I could put in the sections?

#2 ·
Mystery Snail? they say these require atleast a 5 gallon tank, others say a 2.5
Some dwarf algae cleaner? I have a flying fox in with my betta, you could have an otocinculus but I'm not sure what size tank these require or if they shoal.

#4 · (Edited)
If you're saying you still want to keep the tank divided and get a fish other than a betta, I would not suggest cories or otos. Otos, cories, and ADFs all like to be kept with members of their own species. One section of a ten gallon would also not be enough horizontal space for any of these fish. I suggest simply getting another betta or opening up the section so one of your boys has more space. If you opened up a section so that it was ~6.7 gallons, I could see potentially getting two ADFs--but you said you hadn't been able to find them, sadly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.