Betta Fish Forum banner

Divided 10 gallon stocking?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  helms97 
#1 ·
Hiya all! I hava a ten gallon tank, heated, filtered, covered...the likes

I need to clean it ot a biit, I lost Teague and kinda let it get a bunch of algea :(

Anyway, I will be getting a breeding pair from my friend soon, abnd plan to put the male and female each on their own side...howver, I would love to add some other fish in the meantime :) I dont even know if my friend has spawned them yet. However, I want to be able to introduce the bettas in with whatever I add to the tank.

Some info about the tank
Filter: WHisper 10, baffled...also have a small air filter on the other side of divider to keep the surface moving. Very low flow.
Size: Rectangular 10 gal, divided w/ homemade divider. Very sturdy, mesh w/ report bindings
Substrate: Tahitian Moon sand, black.
Lighting: Two bulbs, these http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11248156
heater: yeah...this needs work, and I may need to replace it. Its oldddd....and I think thats what may have caused issues with Teague, temp fluctuations wthought me noticing. My room is warm enough that a heater is not neccesary to have warm enough water though. SO I will work that out
Decorations: ATM, Teagues old shipwreck decoration and some plastic plants. Thinking about planting it, but IDK if I can do that...most plants hate me. Also has a river rock retaining wall I built with AQ sealant
Fish: ATM, none. WIll be adding a male and female HM to the tank. each will have half (female on side w/ baffled Whisper 10, male on side with air filter and heater, whether its turned on or not)

i think thats everything???

See less See more
#2 ·
Not big enough, unless you do snail or shrimp. If it was a 10g alone, with a betta and others it would be ok but where it's really two 5g tanks, there shouldn't be any other fish added.

Forgive me, but if you have your male and female able to see eachother all the time, will that hinder spawning? lol

#5 ·
African dwarf frogs would be fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.