Betta Fish Forum banner

Fluker's declorinator with Aloe?

762 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  mahi 
#1 ·
So, i have some "Fluker's declorinator with Aloe" for my firebelly toads and i was wondering, is it possible for me to use it for my fish aquarium as well?
i know that it is specialized for reptiles/amphibians/ect. but i am currently doing a fish-less cycle on my 10 gallon tank and since i have so much Flukers it would save me money on my water changes if i could use that instead of my fish specific water conditioner.
Anyone know?

#3 ·
@Hallyx
I'm doing the fishfood method and i heard that its good to suck up some of the food that has settled at the bottom before i add new food to the tank the next day.
After doing this for a few weeks i wanted to add some more water to the tank, i seem to have lost a good bit of water from my tank from evaporation and what not.
So i guess Cycle was the wrong word to use. sorry

#4 ·
It's OK. Cycling is indeed what you're doing. I agree that, if you must use fisgfood for your ammonia source, it's probably a good idea not to let it build up into a smelly mess.

Keep an eye out for a white furry mold that can build up on fishfood or shrimp. That's Saprolegnia mold (or fungus...I can't remember). It's not good for fish, so get it all out on your final water change. Crushing fishfood eliminates it or keeps it in check.

As for Fluker's, it's probably fine to dechlorinate your water during your cycle. But I'd go with Prime or some such for my regular conditioner.

Your Apple is a really pretty Delta or Roundtail. He's going to love that 10g.

Welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.