Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta fin rot/torn fin?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  shellieca 
#1 ·
Ok so crush has become alot better! But his bAck fin has become even more torn.vand his anal fin is half white and really curved. Im treating him with aq salts and stress coat, but i was wondering what is causing his anal fin to become white and curved. Fin rot? I have no idea and im really worried! Also should i treat the tear in his back fin with anything? Or is my treatment fine now?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
IME, lots of fresh water works best. What kind of plants do you have? Is the tank filtered? If there's an intake tube it could be getting sucked into it. What about your decorations? Do they all have smooth edges? Fin rot typically has black edges, new growth can be white or discolored. Also Bettas can & do change colors. Does he have any tankmates?

#3 ·
Crush is my rescue betta, he had all of these tears before i had him, (got him 4days ago) he is still in his hospital tank so no tank mates, and the only plant/decor in there has smooth edges and shouldnt tear his fins. His tank is filtered and heated, but the intake tube to the filter isnt strong enough to suck him in. And whats IME?

#5 ·
IME means in my experience, sorry. I misunderstood your post, I thought you were saying the tears had gotten worse since you've had him. It's only been a few days & it can take a while for the fins to regrow so be patient. So long as he isn't getting worse I wouldn't worry at this point. Keeping his environment clean, which you appear to be doing, will be the best thing for his healing up.

#4 ·
IME, lots of fresh water works best.
Be sure to check your tap water to make sure that it has no ammonia. Mine has 1ppm ammonia so when I tried daily 100% water changes on my betta with fin rot, it only made it worse.

And whats IME?
I think it means in my experience

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.