Betta Fish Forum banner

Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dipsydoodlenoodle 
#1 ·
Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale
Tanks included are the standard 10, 20 high, 20 long, 40 breeder, and standard 55.

Got mine for $40...saved$70...might get a second one just because.

Got my 40g breeder the other day....yea!...another sorority...big sorority:-D

#3 ·
Yup, I pointed this out myself about.... maybe a week ago? (8 It's good to have another post in the tank section, though. Mines put in The Lounge. GREAT sale, I LOVED it. Got a NICE 20L. :p Maybe I'll pick up another one... finally set up a sorority :D (Not gunna happen, but I can dream xDD)

#7 ·
It might be a good deal for the small tanks... 10 and less gallons, but their 20 gallon tank always sold under $20, so now it is $20, guess that is how they offset their loss on the small tanks. :-?

#9 ·
The closest Petco here was selling the 5 and 10 gal for 14.99 and the 20 for 16.99. The 30 gal was 27. Just back in March/April when I started shopping for tanks.
I went with an Aqueon 10 Gal starter kit including the heater since the complete set was less than buying a 10 gal for 14.99 plus heater, filter, hood and light...Back then the starter kit was a store special for $46.
I think Petco store prices vary quite a bit from state to state and even within a state as I have experienced with the two Petco stores around here. My favorite 10 min. south of here the other 20 min. north of where I live. The store north of here is in the same shopping mall area as a Petsmart and the prices there are higher and they only have the weekly advertised specials. The store south of here has more special value deals than advertised. Must be all up to the store manager, they seem to have some freedom in price policy and how to make their revenue.

#10 ·
At my petco, 2.5, 5.5, and 10 G tanks were all around $13-15. I went to petsmart yesterday, they have a 10G with an aqueon filter and hood for only $30. Not bad, i wish i could've gotten that instead of the 5.5G, seperate filter, and no hood): My tank and filter seperately cost around $32.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.