Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta names

2K views 40 replies 31 participants last post by  Pucky21811 
#1 ·
What's your bettas name? How did u come up with the name?

#29 ·
Yukiteru - Named after the main protagonist from The Future Diary, it translates as "snow shine" For short we call him Yuki (yu -ki) which means "have hope". Mind you, I named him for his shy & timid behavior as well as his brilliant color but since he's a juvi, it just might change. There's another thread here --> http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?p=993981#post993981 about what color he might be, but his name will remain Yuki.

#30 ·
Two of them were named after soccer players because I am a huge fanatic! Comanche is the nickname of a defender on Real madrid. And Benzema is the last name of another player. Both players are my obsession. Rufio was gonna be named after a player but he reminded me too much of the lost boy from peter pan so Rufio it was :) Oh and Malachi means my Angel and that is exactly what he was <3

#33 ·
My current seven are:
Little Fish- I bought her as a Petco baby betta and this name stuck.
Rosie and Posie- they looked identical when I bought them (cambodians with red fins) and so I gave them matching names. Posie turned orange after she got accustomed to her home but she had been Posie for long enough that nothing else would have sounded right.
Serena-named for sirens/mermaids
Rainbow Fish-my little white fish. I agree with the post above, ironic names are cool. :)
Alex-In honor of the incredibly helpful, sweet, and knowledgeable employee at Petco. Alex is my newest girl and the name doesn't quite fit her so her name will probably change.

My boys are Titan and Tinni.
Titan was supposed to be Triton as in King Triton, Ariel's Father in The Little Mermaid. But I kept slipping and saying Titan so Titan it is. I call him ****** Tidy affectionately as he is a white marble.
Tini is short for martini. He got his name for two reasons, one there are martini glasses in all my fish tanks. Two, he shares a divided tank with Titan and it just sounded cute together. lol. (Yes, I had a hard time finding the right name and just gave up and named him something stupid)

#35 ·
I named my newest fish after a video ( Pewdiepie) Who did walkthroughs for a game, Amnesia. A little statue that he would carry around. He named him, Stephano. c:

#36 ·
Fiesty: Because he's an aggressive little guy with a big ego.
Apache: He looks like a living Native American headdress, with feathers and all.
Kotori: "Screech Owl Spirit". I just liked it, and he does remind me of a little spirit. NN is Koti.
Pandora: It's just a name that's stuck to her, though I just call her Pandy.
Aurelius: Because he looks like gold with all that yellow and those sparkling metallic scales. Reyli is what I call him mostly.
Waldo: Where is he? Yes, he looks like Waldo from Where's Waldo. Also, since he's a marble, I'm sure his colour will change to who knows what.

#38 ·
When I was headed to the store to buy my betta I saw a chevron of swans which reminded me of a scene from Susan Cooper's "The Grey King". Therefore I decided to name my new little friend "Arthur" before I even met him.

Thankfully the betta I chose seems to be living up to the legend and is beautiful, courageous and very full of himself.

#39 · (Edited)
Ive got a lot of girls, mostly named after constellations, moons, people from myths and made up names.
Currently i have:
Odella- Orange grizzle VT with sky blue flash
Adeline- Blue and purple VT
Twitch-Red copper CT
Beltane -Blue Mustard gas VT
Andromeda- big red VT with blue flash
Faustine dark orange VT with green flash
Tith- grizzle yellow VT with slight sky blue flash
Phayet- denim blue CT
Pandora-yellow grizzle VT with sky blue flash and pink fins
Persephone -Turquoise CT with solid coloring on her pectoral fins
Cassiopiea- cambodian CT
Echo- White, blue purple marble HM
Ashling (more commonly referred to as Darkling)-Black CT with reddish fins and faint blue flash
Isadora-Cambodian CT with intense green flash
Cornix- true green DT

Cassiopiea, Andromeda, Persephone, Pandora, and Echo are all constellation/moon/star names.
Isadora means gift of the moon
Ashling means Dream/vision
Cornix was a lesser goddess who was turned into a crow
Beltane is a Gaelic festival
and the rest came to mind as i got them/i made them up.

#40 ·
We now have more than Hannibal.

The boys:
Leonidas - Black dragon HM who looks like someone completely chromed him.
Odin - Black dragon HM
Egil - Red dragon HM with black edging to his fins.

The girls:
Lolth - Copper marble dragon HM
Freydis - Black dragon HM
Unnamed girl - Black dragon HM

That last little one needs a name. >>

#41 ·
My boyfriend and I are OBSESSED with hockey- a game at our school was our first date. Since then we've gone to soo many college games together and even a Devils-Jets game this past January.

I decided on a whim one day last April that I wanted another betta. (Toki-Japanese for a "source of inspiration," had passed away the semester before)

We decided, of course, that our fish should be named after Hockey references. Why not, of course, name him Hockey Puck! So I have Hockey Puck, who is just Puck or Pucky for short.

Last October, I went with my former roommate to Petsmart because she wanted a betta, and I ended up getting my Zamboni, Zambo for short.

My boyfriend and I have a ton of names planned: equipment, teams (my next betta I want is to be a female and name it Winnipeg after the Jets, call her Winnie for short) and eventually even players. We have a list for a lifetime!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.