Betta Fish Forum banner

My Betta has fin rot help!!!

799 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fishes345 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm new to this forum and I had my Betta in a 3.5 gallon tank that came wit ha mini might filter which ended up not working so we got a new small power filter that works great.When i used to have the other filter is wood be too bad of a current for Mr.Bubbles(my Betta) and one time tore his tail it healed. Now his tail is starting to kinda of tear again I don't know what the problem is I'm very scared it is fin rot it might be because it has black coloring over the tears.If it is Fin Rot could I treat with Epsom Salt?:cry:

#2 ·
Look up fin rot on google images and make sure that is what you are seeing-

If you are positive that it's fin rot, what you would want to do is use Aquarium Salt, Epsom is used for internal problems such as constipation, bloating, etc.

To treat with AQ salt, you are wanting to do 1 teaspoon of AQ salt (dissolve it before adding your guy in it), per gallon of water.. you will want to do daily 100% water changes, re-adding in the AQ salt each time (don't forget the water conditioner). You will continue that treatment for no longer then 10 days.

You should start to see it clear up in that 10 days.. if it hasn't gotten cleaner by the 6th day, you can up it to 2 teaspoons per gallon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.