Betta Fish Forum banner

Frequent flaring and nest building.

616 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sainthogan 
#1 ·
I've had my new betta Feliciano for almost a week, and he is just as happy as can be, very active and lively from the minute I got him in his tank. Late Thursday evening (the 20th) he surprised me by making his first small bubble nest, and yesterday morning, having let the first one disperse, made a larger, thicker one that he has been keeping up on and expanding ever since. Beginning late yesterday afternoon, he began flaring at me and darting back and forth any time I approach his tank (or even just when he realized I was looking at him from several feet away)- Which surprised me, because before that, he would NOT flare if he knew I was watching, even if I held a mirror up for him to see. If I stay there for more than a minute or two, he'll break from his displaying periodically to add several more mouthfuls of bubbles to the nest before coming back to show off some more.

I'm not worried or anything; it just seemed a bit curious and interesting, so I thought I'd share and see if anyone might have any particular insight about it. Though it was jokingly suggested that he may be trying to seduce me. ;p

Here's a picture I took yesterday while he was working away diligently!

See less See more
#2 ·
Sounds perfectly normal to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.