Betta Fish Forum banner

Salamanders

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  a123andpoof 
#1 ·
what are salamanders actually?because i saw some different from each other.

#2 ·
salamanders is actually some kind of butterfly, here is my HMPK "Oceanist" he was a salamander (before he passed away):

salamanders are known as a white tipped BF (butterfly) mostly have red fins but there are several more colors like yellow, purple, and the rarest "blue"

#3 ·
Wow they are pretty,i am planning to get a hmpk from a breeder but he said he only has salamanders.So i will get a salamander soon!

#4 ·
Salamanders contain three colors. One must be the white butterfly pattern on all fins and ventrals.

The other two colors can be anything but they must not be a wash. The body will be one color and then from the body and into the fins will be another.

#8 ·
I'm still a little confused as to what exactly a salamander is; I just know that a lot of salamander betta I see are very pretty. I've never been very good with colors. What I'm most curious about is how the color pattern got the name "salamander"? How does amphibian = color combination?

#9 ·
The other two colors can be anything but they must not be a wash. The body will be one color and then from the body and into the fins will be another.
What do you mean by wash?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.