Betta Fish Forum banner

She jumped out...

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  BettaxFishxCrazy 
#1 ·
Well as some of you may have read I got a tank for the sick fish I got at Petsmart its one of the 2.5 gal retagular ones with a glass top. Well when I left work yesterday I left the glass top open just a little bit not even a half inch to let in air and this morning when I came in I looked in the tank and she was not in there so I looked in the floor and sure enough she had jumped out and died sometime last night.:cry: I had been keeping her in a five gallon bucket and she did not even try to jump out so I did not think anything like this would happen. I feel awful.:-( I relize now she probably did not jump out of the bucket because the water level was not near the top. I just did not think about her being able to jump out of such a small opening.

#4 ·
Sorry to hear that! You may want to lower the water level for the next one. I don't have a hood, so I always have to keep the water level a little lower.

#6 ·
Thanks you guys. The glass lid has no holes in it but the cord for the heater raises it about 1/4 inch do you guys think that would be enough to let air in for the next fish I get?

#7 ·
A quarter inch should be fine. I'm so sorry about your girl :(

#8 ·
Thank you. I wish I could have saved her.

#11 ·
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that! Every now and then as I'm sitting at my computer desk I hear a little "Clink" and see one of my fish attempting to jump out, maybe trying to get into to the other fishes tanks?,But I'm glad there are lids on my little tanks and I always make sure they are on securely after that happens or during feeding I check the lids again. Condolences from Kitty, Greg, Gary and I on your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.