Betta Fish Forum banner

Cory cats

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bonfiliof 
#1 ·
My betta's tanks temp is at around 85 degrees and he loves it. I want to introduce some cory cats sometime and was wondering the proper way to do it. my friend put some neon tetras in his tank and they died within an hour. im almost positive it was the temp/cond of the the water.

how would i go about doing that for cory cats without accidentally killing them?

thank you

#4 ·
I have a 5g right now. i dont plan on getting the corys till i start my 10g which should be this month. the first time i noticed the water temp was at 85 i almost flipped. i thought i was frying my fish. but he seems to love it.

its weird tho. the heater i have is a lil 10 dollar heater that raises the water temp only 3 degrees from what it was normally. i know the light can raise the temp as well but it only on for around 8hrs of each day. so normally its around 81-82 degrees.

when i transfer my betta to the 10g i want to keep the same temp as in the 5g. but since the corys max temp is around 79, i might have to drop the temp so i dont flash fry them.

ive read that a 10g would be decent for 1 betta and 3 corys. would it be worth it in the long run to up grade 5g's bigger?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.