Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta getting older?

903 views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  JaspersANGEL 
#1 ·
Do Betta's slow down when they get older?

Jet is acting weird, like's swim's around a bit lazily and stand's in a spot and stares outside like he want's to come out and play *lol*.
I'm worried about him, I love him alot so ya I worry *lol*

He used to bounce all over the tank alot during his younger day's, I don't expect him to be like that again, but I wan't him to be happy.

What do u guy's think I should do?

#3 ·
he's 6 month's but I got him 6 month's ago at a pet store so who know's how old he is

#5 ·
hi's temp is at 79 or something the heater has trouble heating the 5g

#6 ·
If the heater isn't functioning right the temp of the water might be fluctuating causing him stress. Try getting a heater soon when you can and see if that helps him. Also try moving things around in his tank or get some new stuff to put around the out side to stimulate him. People get board stairing at the same stuff all the time and its the same with our fishy friends ^.^

#7 ·
the heater as at it's highest right now and the thermometer is just at 80 or 79 i had the same heater all jet's life and he never complained.

I put some of my book's around his tank so he could look at the cover's and I put tex's tank next to his ( it did wonder's on jasper's to see a younger friend swim around)
I'm looking up site's on way's to entertain ur betta.

#8 ·
The thing about stuff like heaters is they never last forever. Things wair out so if its been running as long as you say it has and now you have to keep it on high just to get a temp of 80 means its nolonger a good thing to have and isnt gunna last much longer. ^.^

#9 ·
I have the same heater but a 25w in tex's tank tho his is a 2.5g and the heater is almost 2 years old and still work's great
it's just cause it's winter and mom keep's the house cold so jet's heater has trouble keeping up but during summer it's all good

should i still change it?

#11 ·
the hydor theo I swear by them and half the member's on this forum can back me up on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.