Betta Fish Forum banner

How much to feed an underweight sick fish?

805 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Perlier 
#1 ·
ok so Im going to admit that I forget to feed my bettas all the time. My life has been crazy lately and forgot all about them. One has already died, which was my favorite one and I am very upset about it. I dont get very upset about fish dieing but this time I have. So I wanna do my best to take care of my fish the right way again so I dont lose another one.

The one in question is extremely skinny, I have never seen a fish look so skinny. He tends to end up floating head down tail up all the time now, I thought maybe its because hes weak and he cant hold his head up. I have the aqueon betta pellets. How many and how often should I feed him to get him healthy again? I know my other 2 fish are not looking skinny at all but I wanna feed them at the same time to get them healthy again anyways. Is 2 pellets 3 times a day too much? Can I feed them frozen brine shrimp or stay away from that until the one starts feeling a bit better?

Thank you!

#2 ·
ok so Im going to admit that I forget to feed my bettas all the time. My life has been crazy lately and forgot all about them. One has already died, which was my favorite one and I am very upset about it.
um, yeah, I would be too. :-?

We all do something regularly each day. We all go to sleep. At least I hope you sleep since your life is soooooo hectic.:shock:

Before you go to bed, make it a ritual to say good night to your fish and feed them as you say good night. Problem solved, hope they live.:question:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.