Betta Fish Forum banner

Does this guy look like he's developing Ich?

693 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Aus 
#1 ·
I was finally able to get a picture of my crowntail without him being quite so close to his aquarium light! I have been wanting to ask if he might look like he's got a bit of ich going on. His face sort of has white spots, but they also kind of just look like shiny scales. (well the picture isn't THAT great.. but you can kind of see the spotting I'm talking about around his gills!)

my tank:

2.5 gallons
heated to 82 degrees
no tank mates
1 100% change/ week and 1 50% change per week
filtered
Food: 2 ish pellets twice a day, freeze dried blood worms once a week. Fast on sundays. (this guy gets bloated fast)

water parameters: all normal

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I cant tell for sure by the picture but I does not hurt to pick up Super Ick just in case you see more spots or notice a change in your betta's behavior. When I got my first betta he had lighter skin underneath his face I thought it was ick. I started treating it as a precautionary measure but it turns out it was just his skin. I didn't hurt him at all. I figured better safe than sorry.

#3 ·
The picture is a bit small so I don't know for sure. :/ My Betta has a white face and some white spots near his face so I know what you're going through. Lebron DOESN'T have it, though. Just his coloring. However, if it IS Ich/Ick, (I hope not!) I would get aquarium salt and an adjustable heater that can make to an at least 82F just to make sure.

#4 ·
Thanks! I am not really sure it is ich, I'm probably just being a worry wart! I've got some aq. salt on hand, if it does look like ich should I start with higher temp/salt before using medication?

#5 ·
I prefer to use the salts instead of medication. If you start seeing more and more white dots, you should start treating. If the white dots are all over the place, then it's Ich. Yes, start treating when you see those parasites.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.