Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta Breeding- HELP ME!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  okiemavis 
#1 ·
After many unsuccessful attempts when all the conditions were perfect, I have a pair that has spawned in a small one gallon bowl! Now I am worried that the fry will not live because it is not in a ten gallon breeding tank. ANY SUGGESTIONS? SHOULD I TRY TO SIPHON/MOVE THE FRY WHEN THEY HATCH OR LEAVE THEM THERE?

#3 ·
I have the microworms and have educated/prepared myself for the spawning and fry care, though this is my first time for it to happen. Basically, I am just frustrated that my bettas wouldn't spawn with the temp on 75 in my 10 gallon tank with prestine water quality, a half-styrofoam cup, high quality food (brine shrimp) and java moss, but they will in a one gallon bowl on my desk at work with regular betta pellets, no heater, no live aquatic plants/java moss! So now I really do want to keep/raise these fry, but I am worried that I will not be equipped to raise these fry in an office setting! What all do I need to take up there besides the microworms? Should i do partial water changes in such a small bowl? What temperature should their water be? Should I cover the surface to prevent chill?

#6 ·
Well, I must ask, what were you doing with a pair in a 1 gallon bowl? Also, bettas require temperatures of 78-82 degrees, so I'd recommend raising the temp for the try if you want them to survive. Remove the female right away, but don't remove the male until they are free swimming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.