Betta Fish Forum banner

Baby Fry

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Oldman47 
#1 ·
I purchased a male and female Betta. They spawned 1 wk later. I now have Betta Fry which are now 10 days old. Do I remove the male Betta? If so when? My first time with these fish. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank U. Bea

#4 ·
Thanks for your input on the baby fry. I am posting a video of the spawning and a video I took when the fry were 1 wk. (Photobucket.com) I seen them swimming about in the tank in the evening hours. I wonder why they come out in the evening and not in the daytime. Do you know why? The male is still in the tank I will remove him. Thanks!

#6 ·
The female should have been removed as soon as the spawning was complete for her own safety. The male is usually removed when the fry are "free swimming" which would be after 3 or 4 days. Before that you will see fry falling from the nest and the male will put them in a bubble in his mouth and blow the bubble back into the nest. At that point they usually have a visible yolk sack still attached to them. When they are actually swimming and not just falling from the nest they are called free swimming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.