Betta Fish Forum banner

Completed Community

932 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AlphaBetta1 
#1 ·
Ok, I just wanted to share this, my completed 10 gal community. Finally after much tweaking and rearranging I think it is complete. The heater is fully submerged, it doesn't look like it is, but it is. Also please feel free to share your communities and community fish!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
You'll need a few more neon tetra. They can get nippy and aggressive or withdrawn when there aren't enough around. They are a shoaling fish and live in the thousands in the wild. They become stressed when they aren't in large groups because they feel something is wrong. Six is the min that is recommended to be kept together.

Second, you should fill up the tank to the top. As it look, you have maybe 6 gallons in there. Neon tetra are rather sensitive fish. The more water you have, the easier it is to keep the water quality good.

#5 ·
The water evaporates quickly because I don't have a hood just one of those hamster lids. I will fill it up today, as it is water change day. As for the Tetra, some people say five is the min, some six...I agree with the six as of now, but my tank is 105% stocked so there is not much I can do. The Tetra get a little nippy with the catfish during food time but that's about it. Thank you everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.