Betta Fish Forum banner

How long do Betta's last on a car ride home?

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  LadyVictorian 
#1 ·
Im going away in a couple of weeks for a doctors appointment & Im going to visit one of the aquarium stores there before I head home. Its a 4 & a half hour trip so Im aware that the drive home is too long if I was to buy one.

But I want to visit a store in another town which is 1.5/2 hours away. Is that too long for a ride home or not?

Im sorry if this is a really stupid question :oops:

#2 ·
Eh, I have gone to the city, bought a fish, wandered the city some more, drove home. No biggy. I also had to move my fish before, they were in bags 6 hours before we actually left... Then when we did they were in the bags for another 1-2 hours before they were put in the tanks.

Bettas are awfully hardy. give them some credit :p If you have one, grab an insulated lunch bag - kid you not. Place the betta and maybe a towel around him/her if you can, in the lunch bag. keeps it warmer then just on the seat.

or grab a kid blanket, or thick towel, and when you have the fish wrap him/her up in the said blanket/towel. :)

#6 ·
Mine did a 3 hour drive and she was fine.

#7 ·
Just make sure to resist all urges of off-roading and he'll be fine =p

#10 ·
I bought a betta from a breeder on here from Washington state and I live in New York. The betta should be fine. :) If one can endure a trip that long, 4 hours will be a breeze

#12 ·
Took my bettas home once from where i was living for university, the ride took about 12 hours and they were fine (well, there was an issue, but that's because my parents told me to keep them their tank, which is divided, instead of cupping them...obviously the divider is going to fall/shift during the ride...during one of our stops I found my bettas decided to visit each other, but they were both ok).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.